The most expensive car on record that ever sold at auction is the 1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe. This car sold for £4.87 million in 1987, which is more than $7.7 million. Today, adjusted for inflation, the price is more along the lines of $8.7 million. Most cars available for purchase today will never reach as high of a price – you’re going to be looking at prices more along the lines of one to two million dollars on the higher end. However, this entire discussion is likely a moot point, considering how most people simply cannot afford to shell out this much money on a car. But it never hurts to dream, does it?
Here are five cars you’ll never be able to afford, but probably wish you could:
1. Bugatti Veyron – One of the most expensive cars on the market today is the Bugatti Veyron, available for purchase to the tune of $1.7 million. Bugatti justifies the price tag since this car is one of the most powerful cars you can buy as well as the fastest car that you can legally drive outside of a race track – it can reach up to 253 miles an hour.
2. Lamborghini Reventon – At $1.6 million, this is the most expensive Lamborghini ever built. There are only twenty of these cars in existence. The Reventon is a slick and sexy car that incorporates a lot of acute and obtuse angles in a geometric style reminiscent of a batmobile. It has an incredibly powerful engine and a need for speed – it can go from zero to sixty in 3.3 seconds.
3. Enzo Ferrari – The Enzo Ferrari can be yours for a cool million. Named after the founder of Ferrari of the same name, the Enzo was first manufactured starting in 2003. Ferrari decided to only make a limited number of Enzos, and thus there are only 400 Enzo Ferraris in existence today. Several other cars were based on the Enzo, including the Ferrari FXX, the Maserati MC12 and the Ferrari Millechili.
4. McLaren F1 – The McLaren F1 was only produced from 1994-1998. There are only 100 cars in existence, which explains the price tag of $970,000. Even though any one of these cars is at least over 12 years old, they’re still considered very powerful and very fast – in fact, before the Bugatti Veyron was introduced, the McLaren F1 was the fastest car in the world.
5. Pagani Zonda C12 F – The Zonda is a sports car produced by the Italian company Pagani. The Pagani Zonda C12 F was introduced to the world in 2005 at the price of $741,000. The F in the name is a reference to Formula One race driver Juan Manual Fangio in appreciation for his endorsement of this car.
This post was contributed by Trevor Stuart from Complete Insurance: an auto insurance resource website.
|Take 5 minutes for a FREE car warranty quote!
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.